14 August 2011

obligatory "Is This Thing On?" starter post

Every once in a while, most people get the urge to jot something down. Sometimes it's merely a thought; a lone idea, while other times it's tiny bit of poetry, or maybe the start of a story.  Occasionally a perfectly sane person will develop the utterly insane inclination to write an entire novel.  You may have experienced any one of these stirrings.  Don't worry, they're completely normal.  


Now, there are certain people -- thankfully few -- who are constantly compelled by these unknown forces.  We've all seen them, often toting around a notebook, steno pad, or (sigh) a Moleskine.  These poor souls never lose the nagging voice in the back of their heads, the one that whispers at them to put pen to paper just once more.  


I'm one of THOSE people.  


My name's Alex, and this blog is going to be my writing pad, idea generator, and display case.  Basically I'm just looking for constructive criticism/commentary on whatever work I post, as well as the occasional unwarranted praise and brutal condemnation. 


Let's see what this thing can do...

No comments:

Post a Comment